Bill is a partner at ALG with a broad trial practice. He appears regularly at all levels of court in Ontario and defends people charged with a wide range of criminal offences, including impaired driving and other motor vehicle offences. He frequently acts for individuals caught up in complex litigation, where his skill at simplifying is best deployed.
Bill has a special interest in the law and mental disorder. He has helped many people who struggle with mental health issues navigate the criminal justice system.
Bill speaks regularly on criminal law issues at conferences and in the media. He is active in the community as the Public Affairs Liaison and executive committee member of the Ontario Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section. Bill is also a member of the Criminal Lawyers Association and The Advocates Society
Bill has a J.D. from the University of Toronto, where he also got a Masters of Arts in political science with a focus on international relations. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in political studies and economics from Queen’s University. Bill was called to the bar in 2005.
- R. v. Finestone, 2017 ONCJ 22
- R. v. A.R., 2012 ONCJ 268
- R. v. A.R., 2011 ONCJ 810
- R. v. Luedecke, 2010 ONCJ 59
- R. v. Malik, 2014 ONSC 555
- R. v. Newton, 2013 ONSC 644
- R. v. Yadegari, 2011 ONCA 287
- R. v. Jacko, 2010 ONCA 452
- R. v. R.M., 2011 ONCA 132
- R. v. Nahmabin, 2010 ONCA 737
- R. v. W.D.D., 2008 ONCA 755